Bars, taverns and pubs are subject to unique risks, and the proper commercial insurance policies can address these exposures. Additionally, certain types of coverage, such as worker’s compensation insurance or liquor liability insurance, may be required by law.
The knowledgeable agents at Andrews Insurance Agency in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, can provide information on the various types of insurance. Contact us for details.
What Is a Bar Insurance Policy?
Bar insurance isn’t one policy but rather several business insurance policies that provide coverage for your operations. Your insurance agent can discuss your risk profile and which insurance suits your needs. Common coverages may include the following:
- General liability insurance—This covers your bar, tavern or pub if it is responsible for others’ property damage or injuries. It can compensate affected parties (e.g., pay medical expenses) and help cover your associated legal costs (e.g., court expenses and judgments).
- Commercial property insurance—This provides repair or replace payments if your business’s property is stolen or destroyed or damaged by a covered peril.
- Liquor liability insurance—This provides coverage if you are sued for serving alcohol to an intoxicated individual who subsequently causes bodily injury or property damage. It may cover the resulting legal fees, medical expenses or property damage costs.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This helps your employees pay for medical expenses and provides wage replacement after a work-related injury or illness.
Depending on your operations, your agent may also recommend the following coverage:
- Business interruption insurance—This helps cover ongoing expenses and lost income if your business is forced to close temporarily due to a covered event.
- Commercial umbrella insurance—This provides additional liability coverage if a liability claim exceeds your other policies’ limits.
Consult with our agents for more information on options, exclusions and limits.
- Product liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Assault and battery insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Commercial crime insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Food spoilage or contamination insurance
How Much Is Bar Insurance?
The cost of bar insurance depends on many factors, such as the following:
- Your bar’s location, type and annual revenue
- If you provide live entertainment
- Your claims history and selected coverages
- Other variables may impact premiums. Reach out to our agents for a quote.
Andrews Insurance Agency serves Pawtucket and Providence, Rhode Island, and can help your business secure the proper commercial insurance coverage. Contact us today for more information.
Bar Insurance for businesses in Pawtucket, Providence, Cumberland, East Providence, Lincoln, and Cranston. Bars encounter special liability concerns, like liquor liability and food liability if food is served. Contact an agent for information on the best policies for bar insurance.